Flexible Orthodontic Treatment for Adults
It’s never too late for a healthy, functioning and confident smile! Dr. Reichard sees many adult patients and can improve the look and health of your smile.
Topics on This Page:
Too Old for Orthodontic Treatment?
Orthodontic treatment has no age limit! Around 30% of all current orthodontic patients are adults and that percentage keeps growing. Dr. Reichard regularly treats adults of all ages.
While it’s true that some treatments, like jaw expanding, are more easily performed when younger, Dr. Reichard has many options available for adults and will help you select the right treatment plan for your goals.
It’s never too late to improve your bite and smile.
Signs Indicating You May Need Orthodontic Care
If you have any of the following, schedule a free evaluation with Dr. Reichard:
- Missing teeth
- A tooth in the wrong spot
- Tooth or jaw discomfort
- Difficulty biting or chewing
- Mouth breathing
- Speech impediments like slurring of speech or a lisp
- Teeth appear too crowded
- Teeth appear with too much space in between them
- The middle of your upper and lower teeth are not aligned
- Teeth protrude away from each other or look crooked
- When closing the jaw, top and bottom teeth do not come together
- Upper front teeth excessively overlap the lower front teeth
- Lower jaw sticks out or lower front teeth sit in front of upper front teeth
- Jaw shifts laterally or sideways when closing or opening mouth
- Frequently biting the inside of your mouth
- Jaw clicks or grinds, or you experience pain, when you open or close your mouth
- Teeth appear out of proportion with your mouth or jaw
- Embarrassed or concerned about your smile
Orthodontic Treatment for Adults
Rachel E Reichard Orthodontics offers multiple types of braces treatment for adults, such as mini traditional (steel) braces, ceramic (clear) braces and gold braces. We also offer Invisalign and clear aligners for an inconspicuous straightening option. We help you select the best option based on your preferences for needs, goals and budget.
The amount and direction of tooth movement is a bit more limited in adults as your jaw isn’t growing anymore (and may, in fact, be starting to experience some breakdown). Not to worry, though. There are still options available, and Dr. Reichard will fully assess your situation and recommend the right set of treatments for you.
On the plus side, adult patients tend to be more motivated and willing to follow Dr. Reichard’s instructions, leading to better results.
More Confidence and Better Health
A healthy bite and smile are really important for adults.
Misaligned teeth can contribute to problems like tooth decay, gum disease, bad breath, bone loss, tooth loss and jaw and head pain. While orthodontic treatment may be an investment, it can help to improve your overall dental health and avoid more costly dental procedures in the future.
You may be surprised by how much more confident you will feel with aligned teeth and bite. From smiling and laughing more to speaking up more often, you’ll enjoy the confidence of a great smile.